Sunday 28 December 2008

5 Days.....


Plenty to do before Friday (fly-day) so this is the final stretch I guess. There's bound to be stuff about the UK that I'll miss, but the weather isn't on that list. It has been like the Russian front this week.

It has been quite a few years since I have visited somewhere 'new', that is, somewhere that I've never been before, and it's an exciting feeling. I hope it's like what I know about Asia. We in the West seem to live & work with a lot of anxiety & stress, which doesn't appear to be case elsewhere. The 'simple life' approach that seems to take hold, when you spend any length of time in Asia, is nice. Bye bye to sub-zero temperatures and towns where you need a permit or money to park on the road side.

I guess I am going to have to tolerate the HGV's a little longer though!

Anyway, that has pretty much addressed the 'won't miss' list.

On the 'will miss' list are, of course, friends, family and colleagues. The people make this place what it is. 


I'm going to really miss the shala too. I know it's been said before, but when you get amongst a bunch of people so dedicated to their practice, over a long period of time, they become friends, yet you barely ever say a word. It is quite profound. I have put it down as a classic illustration of 'satsang'; i) 'The company of the 'highest truth' ii) The company of a guru and iii) Company with assembly of persons who listen, talk about, and assimilate the truth (source: Wikipedia).

No comments:

Post a Comment